Attendance Officer | Newham | After Easter Start
Principal Recruitment Technology
This secondary school in Newham are looking for a School Attendance Officer to join them after Easter.
Complete attendance daily including any first-day absence calls. This includes:
- Input attendance data and investigating any missing data, and maintaining accurate attendance records, including Covid related absences and unexplained lesson absences.
- To ensure the electronic registration system is updated daily investigating any missing data with class teachers.
- To record student absences and late arrivals on SIMS, maintaining accurate attendance records.
- To make initial enquiries with parents/carers regarding unexplained absences/lateness – including first day calling.
- To monitor the attendance of students referring concerns to the Pastoral Leaders.
- Promote good attendance within the school.
- To process and action student holiday requests.
- To issue routine correspondence to parents/carers regarding attendance/absence requests in accordance with the school procedure.
- To assist the Assistant Headteacher’s with the administration of referrals to the education welfare service/issuing of penalty notices.
- To undertake routine liaison with external agencies regarding attendance – eg EWO/Attendance Services.
- To collate attendance data producing routine reports and prepare statistical returns regarding attendance and submit to reporting bodies where appropriate.
- To comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security.
- A valid Enhanced DBS or are happy to proceed to apply for a new DBS.
- Must have Secondary school experience.
- Experience working with Sims and Go4Schools but not essential.
Let’s get started!
Just click the link here Download App – it takes just 60 seconds!
Who are Principal?
The Principal founders have worked hard on understanding what ‘Supply Staff’ need from their agency’s. Transparency, communication, good rates and ease of accepting work. Principal was founded to try and bring change to the education recruitment industry. Combining a unique blend of human expertise and the latest recruitment technology, we are set to provide the best value experience for both schools and supply staff. With the Principal’s strong App and experienced staff, we ensure that working with schools through an agency has never been so easier.
We connect schools with educators!