SEN Teaching Assistant I Part time (25 hours) I Edgeware
Principal Recruitment Technology
Job Title: Part-Time Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant (SEN TA) – Toileting Support
Location: Edgware, London
Contract Type: Part-Time
Salary: Competitive, based on qualifications and experience
Application Deadline: Friday 15th September 2023
Start Date: ASAP
We are recruiting for a welcoming and inclusive school located in the vibrant community of Edgware, London. We are dedicated to providing a nurturing and supportive environment for all our students, including those with special educational needs (SEN). We are currently seeking a compassionate and experienced Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant (SEN TA) to join our team on a part-time basis to provide toileting support for a 1-1 and another for a child with ASD.
As a Part-Time SEN TA you will play a crucial role in ensuring the well-being and comfort of the students with special needs. This role is ideal for a caring and empathetic individual with experience in supporting children with SEN needs. You will work closely with our SEN department and classroom teachers to provide essential assistance to students and support the student with toileting.
– Provide toileting support and assistance to students with special educational needs.
– Maintain a safe and hygienic environment in the toileting area.
– Assist students with personal care and hygiene routines.
– Collaborate with classroom teachers and the SEN team to ensure students’ individual needs are met.
– Foster a positive and inclusive atmosphere within the school community.
– Follow school policies and procedures related to SEN support and safeguarding.
Qualifications and Requirements:
– Previous experience working with individuals with special educational needs is preferred.
– Compassion, patience, and empathy when working with children or young adults with SEN.
– Strong communication and teamwork skills.
– A commitment to promoting a safe and inclusive learning environment.
– Willingness to undergo training related to SEN and toileting support.
– Sensitivity to the unique needs and challenges of students with SEN.