DT Teacher | Product Design and Resistant Materials
Principal Recruitment Technology
A secondary Academy in Shoreditch are in search of a DT teacher to join their department from September 2022. This academy serves a rich part of the local community. They pride themselves on striving for excellence, they are looking for a teacher to help develop and shape their students.
The relevant candidate would need to deliver Product Design and Resistant Materials up to Key Stage 4. The Teacher of Design and Technology will be responsible for delivering high quality teaching with the aim of helping students develop a broad base of skills through practical, investigational and theoretical work across all Key Stages. The Teacher of Design Technology must be able to demonstrate excellent subject knowledge and communicate this in an enthusiastic and imaginative way in both practical and theory
Your Responsibilities are:
· To plan and prepare courses and lessons, using a variety of teaching methods and to provide written/oral feedback on class and homework in accordance with the scheme of learning.
· Teach across all levels and abilities. Forest follows the new AQA GCSE & A Level Specifications
· To plan effectively to ensure all students can meet their potential, taking account of the needs of students who are underachieving, very able students and those with special educational needs, making use of relevant information and specialist help where available.
· Contribute and engage in extra-curricular Design and Technology activities
· To take account of ethnic and cultural diversity to enrich the curriculum and raise achievement.
· To participate in the development of appropriate syllabuses, materials, reviews of schemes of work and policies. To contribute to the department’s improvement plan and its implementation.
· To endeavour to establish a good rapport with classes and to encourage good practice about punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework (according to Academy policy).
· To assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of pupils, maintaining accurate records and using the information to inform teaching and learning.
If you are a high calibre DT teacher and you are available to teach, don’t miss this chance.
Let’s get started!
Just click the link here – it takes just 60 seconds!
Who are Principal?
The Principal founders have worked hard on understanding what ‘Supply Staff’ need from their agency’s. Transparency, communication, great rates and ease of accepting work. Principal was founded to try and bring change to the education recruitment industry. Combining a unique blend of human expertise and the latest recruitment technology, we are set to provide the best value experience for both schools and supply staff.
Principal | We connect schools with educators!