Welfare Officer | Newham | Must Be First Aid Trained
Principal Recruitment Technology
A well-established academy based in East Ham are searching for a Medical Welfare Officer to join their team, this academy is known for its progressive and community styed ethos. The principal has worked with the school for many years and has very little turnover throughout his staff.
Your role as a Medial Welfare Officer would be to lead on the first aid provision and to make assessments of the students/pupil’s severity and injuries and to liaise with the appropriate person/s. Your main liaisons would be SLT, you would need to ensure you highlight any significant concerns.
If you where appointed, you would also oversee some administrative requirements as using Microsoft Office applications and record information required for statistical purposes.
Here are some of the other requirements within the role:
· Qualified First Aider
· 5 GCSE’s or equivalent including English and Mathematics.
· Be willing to undergo training and refresh skills.
· Experience of working with children.
· Ability to relate well and empathise with children.
· Able to support and encourage students.
· Able to develop and manage systems and procedures.
· Full working knowledge of relevant policies, codes of practice/legislation.
· Good ICT and record keeping skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
· Organised and meticulous at maintaining accurate records.
· Ability to work independently and use own initiative.
· Able to act calmly at times of stress or pressure.
· Committed to the needs of students.
· Has a friendly yet professional and respectful approach which demonstrates support and shows
· mutual respect.
· Takes responsibility and accountability.
· Demonstrates a “can do” attitude including suggesting solutions and achieving expectations.
· Is committed to the provision and improvement of quality service provision.
· Is committed to the continuous development of self and others by keeping up to date and sharing
· knowledge, encouraging new ideas and developing new skills
Let’s get started!
To qualify for this post, you must hold a teaching qualification a Refreshed First Aid Certificate along with at least three months experience in the last two years.
Just click the link here – it takes just 60 seconds!
Who are Principal?
The Principal founders have worked hard on understanding what ‘Supply Staff’ need from their agency’s. Transparency, communication, great rates and ease of accepting work. Principal was founded to try and bring change to the education recruitment industry. Combining a unique blend of human expertise and the latest recruitment technology, we are set to provide the best value experience for both schools and supply staff.
Principal | We connect schools with educators!