*High Pay* Science Teacher – East Ham | September Start
Principal Recruitment Technology
An academy is Newham are in search of a Science teacher to join their team from September on a long term or permanent basis. The relevant candidate will join a sizeable team of 7 staff within the Science department, including newly qualified teachers, technicians, and subject specialists. Your head of department as served at the school for many years and feel very passionate about his subject.
The school is partnered in an outstanding federation, with schools that have some of the highest GCSE and A Level result in UK. The school has been serving the community for many years and is seen as a cornerstone for its area.
The relevant teacher would need the meet these criteria’s:
· A good honours degree in a relevant subject, and excellent subject knowledge.
· Experience of teaching KS3, GCSE, successfully, and an understanding of effective assessment strategies.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Sympathy with, and knowledge of, fundamental British values and experience of promoting the personal development and wellbeing of children.
· The ability to adapt quickly to a new environment, establish good relations with students and gain their confidence.
· Awareness and understanding of the key principles of safeguarding and the welfare of students.
· A teaching qualification (e.g. PGCE, QTS, QTLS).
· Experience of teaching successfully in a non-selective, aspirational inner-city school.
· Knowledge of, and experience of teaching, the topics currently studied at GCSE.
· A willingness to be involved in the wider life of the department and the school (e.g. societies, trips etc.).
This academy is looking for a person with a person specification of:
· The energy, dynamism, and stamina to contribute fully to the life of a busy aspirational inner-city school.
· Willingness to contribute to the extensive range of activities provided for students and to support them in their co-curricular pursuits.
· Capacity for industry and initiative in both independent work and as part of teams of colleagues in academic work, pastoral care, sports and co-curricular activities.
· Profound and continuing interest in the academic subject to be taught.
· The depth of knowledge and agility of mind to allow flexibility in lessons, adapting delivery as appropriate in the light of students’ responses.
· Empathy with students across the age and ability range and the ability to implement a range of teaching strategies to cater for each individual student.
· General knowledge of Child Protection issues and good practice, particularly relating to professional obligations on safeguarding the welfare of each child and avoiding guarantees of confidentiality in any disclosure.
Let’s get started!
Just click the link here – it takes just 60 seconds!
Who are Principal?
The Principal founders have worked hard on understanding what ‘Supply Staff’ need from their agency’s. Transparency, communication, great rates and ease of accepting work. Principal was founded to try and bring change to the education recruitment industry. Combining a unique blend of human expertise and the latest recruitment technology, we are set to provide the best value experience for both schools and supply staff.