Head of Art | Forest Gate Academy | Jan 2023 Start
A well-known academy in Forest Gate is looking for a Head of Art to join their school from January 2023. This teacher will be an inspirational teacher with the ability to lead and further develop the department. The appointed candidate will be joining a friendly, effective team who consistently ensures students achieve excellent grades at GCSE. You will share our ambition to provide a great educational experience for all of our students and it is also crucial that you will be aligned with the culture and values of the school.
The successful candidate will have the vision and drive to continue to raise the standards of an already thriving department through teamwork and leadership. This is an excellent opportunity for a suitably experienced Head of Department or a teacher seeking to move up to a management role.
Duties and Expectations of Head of Art role:
- To provide pupils with an excellent learning experience in Art
- To embed the schools’ vision/values and the Pedagogy Principles in teaching practice
- To adopt the codification of the department’s provision to embed the high-quality practice in all areas
- To drive pupil performance in Art through curricular and extracurricular initiatives and strategies
- To mentor ECTs and any student teachers as required
- To support team members through coaching and/or mentoring as required
- To use progress and attainment data and pupil work to make interventions to improve pupil outcomes
Key Responsibilities Curriculum, Teaching and Assessment:
- To plan curriculum provision and enrichment for specified year groups within the subject
- To model excellent teaching practice in terms of planning and preparation, teaching and assessment
- To be accountable for pupil progress in teaching classes and departments, ensuring that every pupil achieves results in line with, or better than, national expectations
Management & Training:
- Line manage teachers in the department, and oversee their development
- Develop all staff in line-managed departments as educational leaders and ensure all post-holders are systematically trained to complete their roles to an exceptionally high standard
Let’s get started!
To qualify for this post, you must hold a teaching qualification and QTS along with at least three months of experience in the last two years.
Just click the link here Download App – it takes just 60 seconds!
Who are Principal?
The Principal founders have worked hard on understanding what ‘Supply Staff’ need from their agencies. Transparency, communication, good rates and ease of accepting work. Principal was founded to try and bring change to the education recruitment industry. Combining a unique blend of human expertise and the latest recruitment technology, we are set to provide the best value experience for both schools and supply staff. With the Principal’s strong App and experienced staff, we ensure that working with schools through an agency has never been so easier.
We connect schools with educators!