Teaching Assistant Needed – Hackney Secondary School | E9 Area
Strong Teaching Assistant Needed – Hackney Secondary School | E9 Area
A well-known secondary school in Homerton, Hackney is looking for a Teaching Assistant from immediately. The school is known for serving the local community for over 70 years. The relevant Teaching Assistant is to work under the direct instruction of teaching / senior staff, usually in the classroom with the teacher, to support access to learning for pupils and provide general support to the teacher in the management of pupils in the classroom. To supervise whole classes during the short-term absence of teachers within a department or faculty.
- Supervise and provide support for pupils, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programmes.
- Establish constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs.
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher.
- Set challenging and demanding expectations and promote self-esteem and independence.
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher.
- Deliver pastoral and learning support.
- To deal with minor incidents and the health and hygiene of the children and where necessary, escort them home.
- To read with individual children and groups and complete reading records as directed by the class teacher.
- Under the direction of teacher, to work with small groups of children and to take responsibility for their learning.
Special Conditions of Service:
Because of the nature of the post, candidates are not entitled to withhold information regarding convictions by virtue of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exemptions) Order 1975 as amended. Candidates are required to give details of any convictions. Also, as this post allows substantial access to children, candidates are required to comply with departmental procedures in relation to Police checks.
If you are a high calibre Teaching Assistant and you are available to teach, don’t miss this chance.
Let’s get started!
Just click the link here Download App – it takes just 60 seconds!
Who are Principal?
The Principal founders have worked hard on understanding what ‘Supply Staff’ need from their agency’s. Transparency, communication, good rates and ease of accepting work. Principal was founded to try and bring change to the education recruitment industry. Combining a unique blend of human expertise and the latest recruitment technology, we are set to provide the best value experience for both schools and supply staff. With the Principal’s strong App and experienced staff, we ensure that working with schools through an agency has never been so easier.
We connect schools with educators!