Maths – Head of Department – January – Maternity Cover
Maths – Head of Department – Hornsey – Maternity Cover
Principal is working with a high-performing school since its inception in 1887 and is seeking an inspiring Maths Head of Department. They were the highest-performing school for progress in Haringey in 2017/2018 and consistently perform in 20% of schools nationally. They are one of the best schools in the borough and its students and outcomes prove this year on year.
The position is ideal for a teacher looking for promotion to a key middle leadership position in the school or for an experienced leader who is keen to develop their skills further.
- The successful candidate for this post will be an enthusiastic and inspiring leader of Mathematics, ready to lead and further develop an established department team
- They will be keen to promote, model, and develop excellence in the classroom
- They will have a strong academic grounding in the subject and will be able to develop teaching across Key Stages 3, 4, and 5,
- Evaluate and implement effective teaching strategies in order to maximise subject learning.
- Ensure departmental classrooms encourage behaviour for learning from students, and showcase the ambitious and forward-thinking curriculum with which students are engaging.
- Model excellent inclusive teaching within your own practice, offering an ‘open door policy’ to all staff within your department.
You must hold a QTS and a degree in a relevant field
You must hold an Enhanced DBS or be happy to apply for a new DBS.
Let’s get started!
To qualify for this post, you must hold a relevant qualification with at least three months experience in the last two years.
Just click the link here to join – it takes just 60 seconds!
Who are Principal?
The Principal founders have worked hard on understanding what ‘Supply Staff’ need from their agencies.
Transparency, communication, great rates, and ease of accepting work.
Principal was founded to try and bring change to the education recruitment industry. Combining a unique blend of human expertise and the latest recruitment technology, we are set to provide the best value experience for both schools and supply staff.
We connect schools with educators!