Maths Teacher | Immediate Start | Newham
Principal Recruitment Technology
One of our clients are looking for a Maths teacher to role their school immediately. This is a co-educational community school with aims for all of their students to achieve their full potential in their academic outcomes as well as their personal development. They are a caring community that values the individual learner.
Maths is a subject many find hard to grasp, but it is also one of the most important national curriculum subjects. Therefore, as a Maths Teacher, it is vital that you’re passionate about mathematics and how it is applied to the everyday, across other subjects and, in later life.
Your responsibilities as a Maths Teacher will include:
- Planning and delivering effective lessons that meet the National Curriculum and are suitable for all pupils aged 11 to 16.
- Being creative and enthusiastic about using different teaching methods, including solo work, group work, whole-class work, demonstrations, and experiments.
- Oversee the work of the learning support staff and Teaching Assistants (TAs).
- Following safeguarding procedures to ensure a safe and healthy learning environment.
- Attending meetings, parent’s evenings and participating in training and development sessions at the school or at other training organisations.
- Creating a classroom environment where pupils work together to achieve their learning goals.
- Helping and supporting individual pupils as required and encouraging them to research topics themselves.
- Keeping a register of pupils’ attendance, set assignments and homework, mark pupils work, record completion, write progress reports and carry out continuous assessment.
- Taking responsibility for the individual’s progress and development, feeding this information back to your Head of Department.
- Meeting with parents, guardians or carers to discuss their child/children’s progress in Maths and determine learning priorities and any needed resources.
- If required, give feedback to any relevant external bodies concerning the progress, behaviour and child protection issues.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an Enhanced DBS
- Have an excellent understanding of Maths as a National Curriculum subject.
- Have the ability to teach in a variety of methods.
- Be dedicated to promote child welfare and safeguarding.
- Be educated to degree level.
If you are passionate about education and are looking for a fulfilling role that allows you to make a difference in the lives of young people, then we would love to hear from you. Apply today and join our team of dedicated education professionals.
Start Date: ASAP
Let’s get started!
Just click the link here Download App – it takes just 60 seconds!
Who are Principal?
The Principal founders have worked hard on understanding what ‘Supply Staff’ need from their agency’s. Transparency, communication, good rates and ease of accepting work. Principal was founded to try and bring change to the education recruitment industry. Combining a unique blend of human expertise and the latest recruitment technology, we are set to provide the best value experience for both schools and supply staff. With the Principal’s strong App and experienced staff, we ensure that working with schools through an agency has never been so easier.
We connect schools with educators!