Exam invigilator – Readers and Scribes | Tower Hamlets | 15th May Start
Principal Recruitment Technology
We are working with a school in Tower Hamlets that urgently requires Exam Invigilators, Readers, and Scribes on a day-to-day or long-term basis.
Invigilators oversee students in the main exam hall. You must be comfortable working on your feet, be observant, patient and meticulous in any related administrative duties.
Readers are required to read through questions and source material for exams. A strong understanding of, and fluency in, the English language is essential.
Scribes are required to write on behalf of students with special educational or additional needs. Strong spelling, grammar and handwriting abilities are a must.
To support the Exams Officer with the day-to-day operation of examination venues. Activities may include:
- Assisting with setting-up examination venues by laying out stationery, equipment and examination papers in accordance with strict procedures.
- Assisting candidates prior to the start of examinations by directing them to their seats and advising them about possessions permitted in examination venues.
- Ensuring that candidates do not talk once inside examination venues.
- Invigilating during examinations, dealing with queries raised by candidates and dealing with examination irregularities in accordance with strict procedures.
- Checking attendance during examinations.
- Recording details of late arrivals.
- Escorting candidates from venues during the examinations as required, and supervising candidates whilst outside examination venues.
- Collecting and collating scripts at the end of the examination in accordance with strict procedures.
- Assisting with the preparation of script envelopes.
- Supervising candidates leaving examination venues, ensuring that candidates do not remove equipment or stationery from the venue without authorisation and ensuring that candidates leave venues in an orderly and quiet manner.
To be successful:
- You will need a valid Enhanced DBS
- Be willing to travel
- JCQ trained would be ideal but essential
- Must have experience working as an invigilator or within a school setting.
Let’s get started!
To qualify for this post, you must hold a relevant qualification with at least three months experience in the last two years.
Just click the link here to join – it takes just 60 seconds!
Who are Principal?
The Principal founders have worked hard on understanding what ‘Supply Staff’ need from their agencies. Transparency, communication, great rates, and ease of accepting work.
Principal was founded to try and bring change to the education recruitment industry. Combining a unique blend of human expertise and the latest recruitment technology, we are set to provide the best value experience for both schools and supply staff.
We connect schools with educators!