School Data Manager | Canning Town Secondary School
Principal Recruitment Technology
SCHOOL EXPERIENCE IS A MUST.
REPORTS TO: Deputy Headteacher i/c Data and Assessment
OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR: Exams Officer
GRADE: P03 P.32
SALARY: £40, 614
Actual Salary (pro-rata): £36,934
WORKING HOURS: 8am – 4 pm, Term time + 2 weeks
Attendance at all Parents’ Evenings (x5) will be expected (3.30-6 pm) taken from
disaggregated INSET days.
Purpose of the post
To be responsible for developing, overseeing, organising, storing and analysing school
data and data systems including Line Management of the Exams Officer
Main duties and responsibilities
- To be responsible for the oversight and collection, organisation, input, analysis,
- presentation and distribution of data relating to student attainment and progress using
- the school’s ICT based management information system and data analysis systems.
- To manage the school’s MIS and complete all administrative tasks ensuring that relevant
- information is accurate and up to date.
- To support the smooth induction of all mid-phase admissions students and ensure
- accurate information is uploaded onto SIMS.
- To provide accurate data and reports as required for SLT to facilitate the effective
- management of whole school target setting to raise standards and performance.
- To maintain and manage the schools assessment and reporting systems.
- To provide training and support for teachers in using school MIS and Data tracking
- packages as and when required.
- To manage the data transfer of student information both in and out of the school and to
- oversee the regular updating of student data in order to ensure data held is accurately
- maintained and timely.
- To lead the coordination and development of the school’s use of data tracking system
- including the design and maintenance of all Departmental Markbooks
- To lead on all reporting processes using the school based package.
Line Management of Exams Officer
To line manage the Exams Officer ensuring that the school as an examination centre
meets all the statutory requirements and recommendations, procedures and
deadlines laid down by The DFE, JCQ NAA and the examination boards.
To have oversight of the management, recruitment and training of exam invigilators
and the Exams Officer’s processes for this. To provide exam invigilators with
invigilation timetables in advance of examinations, including mock exams, end of
year exams for other year groups, as well as all public exam sessions.
To provide and be responsible for the analysis of examination results and to prepare
this information for presentation to SLT, governors and teaching staff.
To have oversight of the school’s exam budget.
To be available in the summer holiday to support the Exams Officer in the
preparation and publication of external exam results and to prepare for the start of
the academic year.
To ensure the school meets all its statutory duties in the reporting of results and to
keep abreast of government policies and initiatives regarding pupil achievement
Such other duties within the competence of the post holder, which may be
reasonably required from time to time.
Let’s get started!
To qualify for this post, you must hold a teaching qualification and QTS along with at least three months of experience in the last two years. If this is you then download our app today and register your interest in this job for automatic shortlisting.
Just click the link here Download App – it takes just 60 seconds!
Who are Principal?
The Principal founders have worked hard on understanding what ‘Supply Staff’ needs from their agency. Transparency, communication, good rates, and ease of accepting work. Principal was founded to try and bring change to the education recruitment industry. Combining a unique blend of human expertise and the latest recruitment technology, we are set to provide the best value experience for both schools and supply staff. With the Principal’s strong App and experienced staff, we ensure that working with schools through an agency has never been so easier.