One of our schools in Whitechapel is seeking an English teacher to join their team immediately after maternity cover. This is a small school and the students each year have an education that is student-centred and tailored to their individual needs. The structure of the School week provides excellent learning and enrichment opportunities for their students to build their skills and knowledge even further.
Your day-to-day duties as a Secondary English teacher will include:
• Creating engaging lesson plans that meet the requirements of the National Curriculum, keeping up-to-date with changes.
• Planning classes to include a variety of demonstrations, instruction, hands-on activities, group work and individual projects, providing pupils with opportunities to learn through different methods.
• Teaching lessons at an appropriate level to include all pupils, aiding their understanding of the English Literature and Language.
• Demonstrating experiments and assisting pupils to safely carry out practical experiments themselves, to enhance their comprehension of the topic.
• Taking the register, updating records, marking work and writing performance reports.
• Establishing good behaviour requirements in the classroom.
• Following safeguarding and health and safety procedures.
• Attending staff meetings and parents evenings.
To succeed in the job you will have:
• Outstanding knowledge of English as a National Curriculum subject.
• Ability to plan and design interesting lessons and projects using a variety of teaching methods.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Enthusiasm to motivate pupils to enjoy the subject, work hard and do their best in science.
• Good communication skills to engage with pupils.
• Ability to inspire a positive attitude in pupils and colleagues.
• Patience to deal with various situations.
• Dedication to providing an optimum learning environment.
• Commitment to provide a safe school environment.
• Competence in the use of various computer systems and software packages, including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Google Classrooms.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £36,745.00-£56,959.00 per year
Call Wiktoria on 0203 916 5126!