What You’ll Do:
As a SENCO, your role will be diverse and impactful:
- Develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with special needs.
- Collaborate with teachers, parents, and support staff to create a nurturing and inclusive learning environment.
- Provide professional development and support to teachers on inclusive teaching practices.
- Conduct assessments and coordinate external services to meet students’ unique requirements.
- Advocate for students’ rights and ensure their voices are heard.
- Stay updated on the latest research and best practices in special education.
To thrive in this role, you should possess:
- A passion for special education and a commitment to inclusivity.
- Relevant teaching experience and a teaching qualification.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Empathy, patience, and a student-centered approach.